The person who is editing the picture can be a freelancer, employee, outsource company, etc. but they aim to edit the picture in a manner that brings out the best look of the picture. Different techniques are used for editing pictures. Photographers need editing because they click photos in different conditions that may not highlight the right story. This link https://photolemur.com gives you the information on how to do photo editing.
List of simple photo editing techniques
- Contrast: Contrast is used to adjust the color of the photo. High contrast is used when the user wants the picture to look more punchy. Whereas, low contrast can make the picture flatter. Contrast can be adjusted depending upon the requirement of the subject.
- Resizing and cropping: This is one of the most common photo editing techniques. People use resizing when they wish to upload file, but they are above or below the specific file size. Cropping is used to remove the unwanted elements at the edges that pose a distraction.
- Lens correction: This is another simple photo editing technique that is used for addressing any type of issue that is related to the camera lens. This link https://photolemur.com/blog/6-mountain-photography-tips guides you to remove the faults that were caused because of camera lens in photography.
List of photo editing software
- Canva: This is one of the editing software that can be used for editing pictures. It provides various editing features that help to edit pictures in detail.
- GIMP: This is one of the editing software that is available for free. It is one of the most preferred choices of professional photo editors.
- Snapseed: This is one of the popular photo editing software for mobile phones. It allows you to edit the picture easily and upload them to social networking platforms.